Friday 30 March 2012

We have planning!

We've achieved our first major milestone!!!
The plans went to council yesterday for assessment against the new planning criteria and we have successfully gained exemption from planning approval!!! Clarence Council turned it around in ONE DAY!!! Fantastic service!

We can now skip the planning stage and go straight to building and plumbing permit applications!

The Tasmanian Government should be commended for what they have achieved with the new planning directives. It is a shame they have not been successful in getting more councils to
apply it to more zones but it's a great start!

Our designer has done a great job taking my drafts and drawing them up properly. She has put with lots of questions and produced an excellent result.   Here are the drawings as submitted to council.

Lower Level (click the image to enlarge)

Upper Level (click the image to enlarge)

Elevations 1 (click the image to enlarge)

Elevations 2 (click the image to enlarge)

3 comments:

  1. Elevations aren't great - unbalanced & looks like a fortress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your 1 day council approval! Its been well over three months and we still don't have ours :( Any day now the builder promises us...

    Anyway, I LOVE your floor plan and the elevations look great! My favourite part is still the downstairs deck next to the dining area. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    Have you contacted Grand Designs Australia..? I think they'd be interested in your build.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pandorash8, thanks for the feedback! I have contacted Grand Designs. I provided some basic detail and they then got me to fill out a huge questionaire but I haven't heard anything since so I'm guessing they aren't interested. I'll take that as a good omen as Grand Designs only ever seem to feature builds full of disasters!

    The 1 day council approval was only for "Planning". We still have to go through Development/Building/Plumbing permits so it is far from over yet!

    ReplyDelete